When it comes to digital content and marketing, Organic’s processes and methodologies are very collaborative in nature. Prior to the development of the new system, Organic managed client projects across several self-contained websites, which they referred to as “extranets”. These extranets were setup and configured by Organic’s IT staff and their content was maintained by the project or account managers. These mundane tasks, including user account creation and password resets were all processed manually. While these tasks were extremely simple to do, the solution was not scalable nor sustainable.
Organic Extranet Solution Capabilities
The ideal extranet application would present Organic and its customers with an easy to use, centralized, and automated project management solution, customized for the digital marketing business.
Simply put, the new and improved extranet solution would enable the following:
- Automated Extranet creation and management
- Highly customizable user interface, with “white-label” options
- Multi extranet, company, project and role segmentation rules
- A robust, role based access permission framework
- Secure rich media content management and distribution
- Secure video content management and distribution, with CDN (Content delivery network) integrations
- Team collaboration on assets, tasks, milestones etc.
- Flexible and secure and scalable user management , with Active Directory integration
- Integration with Organic’s Professional Services Automation (PSA)
- Robust, segmented and role-based Search across multiple extranets and projects
- Analytics and reporting integration
- Integration with other Organic assets, such as Organic’s blog, threeminds, based on the Moveable Type blog framework
For more information about this project please see our blog post outlining the details of the engagement.